17
The Documentary Exhibition Center of the University of Architecture and Urbanism Ion Mincu
Str. Academiei nr. 18-20

021 30 77 181

The Documentary Exhibition Center of the University of Architecture and Urbanism Ion Mincu (Museum of the School of Architecture) is a compartment of the university, which deals with the collection of documents and tools characteristic of the architect profession and of the evolution of the architectural education. Recently, the Art Gallery opened, which houses the donation of paintings and drawings of the architect Stephan Eleutheriades (1922-2017), and of his sister, Elisabeta Moraitakis.

Presentation of the Stephan Eleutheriades and Elisabeta Moraitakis Collection

ARTE PLASTICE


Tip eveniment
DESCHIS si la NAG
Perioada Expozitie
11.10.2019 - 12.10.2019
Program
  • 17:00 - Deschidere
  • 03:00 - Inchidere
The paintings of Eleutheriades are irrevocably linked to memory (the ancient Mangalia) and cultural identity (the Greek and Mangaliot community in general) so that their connection with the Museum of the School of Architecture is not a coincidence. The project of the diploma made by Eleutheriades in 1948 was: "A spa satellite in Mangalia". Old Mangalia (demolished during the communist period) was an inspiration for the first paintings of Eleutheriades, but also a constant concern of the artist who went into exile. In the paintings and in the drawings we see the unspoken stories of the city, the nostalgia of the beautiful, the childhood, those who are no longer, the bearers of values. Later, the painter's sister, Elisabeta Moraitakis donated a selection of 40 paintings from his house, to complete the artist's universe.